'One cannot speak anymore of being, one must speak only of mess.' - Samuel Beckett

Friday, October 15, 2004

Leaving a 'mark' behind me

It's raining! It often rains at the begining and infrequently rains at the end (unless of course it all starts with the sun shining and then...in this case however-RrrrrrrrrrAIN!!) So, rain, not heavy, 'Christ no way, not going out in that!' rain but the steady, grey continuity of the 'I've got a job to do and I'm going to just get on with it' kind of rain. I've been painting grey too, painting a picture of an Iraqi militiaman to the sounds of American country music...ah, sweet irony!

That's it today then apart from a mention of the 'mark' in the title of todays offering. I was going to describe how my feet, trailing with the weight of disagreeable being, left 'marks' like tyre tracks down the street. I decided that that might not be a good idea though because it's a greater and more rewarding challenge to make positive my utterunce, my 'mark' (also, I was on a bike!)