'One cannot speak anymore of being, one must speak only of mess.' - Samuel Beckett

Friday, May 20, 2005

The legacy of Leonardo and an important point about cows that may be helpful to others.



I know that this is a pretty whimsical observation but there is something of the last supper about this, however, it's late and I should go to bed. Anyway, before I go I came back from the river today and it wasn't until much later that I discovered cow shit all over my jeans and on my boots. It was something I was a little suspicious of as I cycled away from Grantchester meadows through the fading light of dusk. At this time of year the rich and bountiful thickets of grass find their way into the ceaseless churning of dual cow stomach action and out again, keeping it real. My favourite spot by the bank is now looking a little trodden and sorry and I am just so blind. I wanted to sit down and so I did. Life really is pretty simple and when there are cows about you only have to look down once before you sit. Perhaps that's why the Blackbirds were making such a racket, nah, cows don't shit in trees.