'One cannot speak anymore of being, one must speak only of mess.' - Samuel Beckett

Monday, May 30, 2005

Turning point.



This wall scrawl has reached a point where I'll leave it. A new painting commences on top of it, hanging over it, implied by lessons learnt from this. I've put another picture on hold to get on with it. It's only that I'm getting closer to something that I've always been close to anyway, too close to the woods and all that, something that I didn't know how to reach, not a technical issue just one of confidence I suppose, a certain perspective, something that I best not attempt to describe. As my good friend Pat mailed me yesterday 'Painting your drawings is the way forward!' and he's right. He'd said it before and others had too but you have to be patient while the horse decides.